This Policy was last modified on October 5, 2014.
We may update this Policy from time to time. Please review its terms regularly.
All answers and information provided to us are anonymous and confidential.
Information That We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Standard web server logs, recording certain details of every HTTP[S] interaction. We reserve the right to
keep log files if an investigation is under way for the purposes of assisting with the investigation.
Details stored in the standard web server log files:
- Internet address of connecting client
- Authenticated user id
- Time stamp
- Request made
- Server's response code and number of bytes returned
- The "user agent" string identifying the make of client
- Information provided voluntarily by you, including but not limited to social media data submitted by logging in to save your results or text submitted when proposing or reporting a question through the website
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We use self-expiring session cookies for the purpose of maintaining the test session for a given user. We may also use Google Analytics cookies, about which further information can be found here - http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
Use of Your Information
The information you submit to the website, in particular your responses to our Sexuality Questionnaire and other tests, may be stored and used for academic and business purposes, and also disclosed to third parties, for example (but not limited to) research institutions. Any disclosure will be strictly in an anonymous format, such that the information can never be used to identify you or any other individual user.
We use the information that we collect from you to provide you with feedback on your responses. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide specific information to you that you request from us relating to our research.
- To inform you of any changes to our website or terms and conditions.
- To provide information to you relating to other questionnaires that may be of interest to you.
- We may use your email address to contact you from time to time regarding improvements to our questionnaires and to invite you to try out new features. Your email will never be shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
If you have previously completed a test developed by Sex Science Labs, we may match your responses across tests for the purposes of research and in providing you with more informative feedback.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
The sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, therefore sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
You have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Policy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.